Saturday, October 11, 2014

Product Review - Key West Health & Beauty USDA Certified Organic Raw Shea Butter


Product Review -  

Key West Health & Beauty USDA Certified Organic Raw Shea Butter 

I LOVE Shea Butter.  I've done reviews in the past on it, but none with the USDA Certification.  I use mine to make inexpensive body butters.  I like the smell of regular natural raw shea ( it has a slightly nutty earthy aroma ) but not everyone likes that and as gifts for family members - especially with the holiday season coming up I have so much fun using different essential oils to make different scent combinations.   I used some perfume-y essential oils from Coastal Scents along with a carrier oil, I chose for mine to be Jojoba.  Though the options are limitless. I want to share with you a video that Key West Health and Beauty posted on youtube.  It's great because I did not tape making mine and this is my exact method except I use a hand mixer as my kitchen is too small for a Kitchen Aid.  So you definitely do not need one!






In using this shea butter I found it to be very rich and very creamy even before I created the whipped body butter with it. So although I mention making body butter with it, you can totally use this straight out of the container! 

Wonderful things you should know about Key West's USDA Certified Shea butter before you reach for your next $5-10 bottle of drugstore lotion:

  • Shea butter is extracted from the nut of the African shea tree. The purest form of shea butter is in its raw or unrefined state.
  • Natural shea butter is an excellent moisturizer for the face and body and is widely used for hair treatments.
  • It is also well known for its natural healing properties
  • Our raw, unrefined, organic African shea butter is available in a large 14 oz size, which is nearly a full pound of shea butter.
  • All of our products are backed with a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee!
All of  their products are backed with a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee!

What Key West Health and Beauty wants you to know about their product:

  • There are 3 primary factors that differentiate our raw shea butter from our competitor’s. The first is that it is the only one on Amazon that is certified USDA organic. Most companies label their raw shea butter organic but are not certified organic, which means there is no guarantee that it does not contain harmful chemicals. The only way to ensure it is chemical free is by proper certification and our customers can buy with confidence knowing we hold the highly coveted USDA organic certification.
  • The second factor is that our shea butter is sourced responsibly by local women’s co-ops in Africa to ensure fair wages and ethical treatment of the local African women that harvest it. Some companies will take advantage of these women by offering unfair compensation when sourcing.
  • The third factor is the quality. Our shea butter is processed by hand using water extraction and screened for impurities, resulting in the highest quality grade A shea butter. 
  • Additionally, it is packaged in a BPA free and FDA compliant container to ensure that no harmful chemicals are leeched into the shea butter from the plastic container. 





I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment